Algarve Rent a Car - Services
Our service is
prompt and safe, we will try to help you on all
means possible and our staff will be reachable
24 hours a day via phone to ensure you will
enjoy relaxed holidays in the Algarve, Portugal.
Here are a few tips to guide you when driving in
Algarve Airport Transfers (Click
Faro Aiport Details (Click
Usual misspelling of town names (Click
• License: A valid Driver's License or an International Driving License
• Minimum acceptable rental age of driver: 21
• All Traffic flow: right side of the road
• Emergency National Phone Number : 112
Otherwise signalized here are the following
speed limits :
• Built-up areas (Inside Villages, Cities or Towns): 50 km/h = 30 mph
• Other roads (Outside Villages, Cities or Towns)
: 90 km/h = 54 mph
• Motorways: 120 km/h = 72 mph
" Important Warnings to Drivers "
• Documents relating to the car and its Insurance must be kept in the vehicle.
• "On the Spot" Traffic fines can be applied by
the Police and may demand immediate payment
either in cash or using a Credit Card.
• Seat belts fitted in back and front of a
vehicle must be worn at all times.
• Children under 12 years old are prohibited
from sitting in the front seat and are required
to be fastened in the appropriate style chairs
for their age in the back.
• At the junction of two roads of equal
importance, traffic coming from the right always
has priority unless otherwise signalled.
• Vehicles already in a traffic circle (roundabout)
always have priority over those vehicles about
to enter into it.
• It is against the law to park on the side of
any road facing the oncoming traffic lane.
Breaking this law is very dangerous to other
drivers as they will not be expecting this
• Vehicles must carry warning triangle sign and
a reflector vest.
• Drivers are not permitted to accept or make
mobile phones calls whilst the vehicle is in
• Speed limits are enforced by radar traps,
cameras, and often unmarked police cars.
• A driver's blood alcohol level is not allowed
to exceed 0.05 percent and the penalties are
extremely stiff and high levels of alcohol may
include time in prison.
Our Printable Algarve
Road Map (Click Here)
Our Distances Chart of
Several Locations in the Algarve (Click Here)
Our Distances Chart of
the Main Towns in Portugal
In order to read this document you need Adobe
If you don't have this program please
(Click Here) to download.